VA Loan Limist
- Eligible veterans can use the VA Home Loan Guarantee Program to purchase a home with no down payment and possible no out of pocket costs at all.
- The VA will guarantee a mortgage loan from a VA approved lender up to the amount of $417,000.
- In Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands the guarantee amount can be up to $625,500.
- The veteran still needs to be credit worthy in order to be approved for a mortgage loan.
- This is not a loan from the VA. It is a normal mortgage loan that the VA guarantees in order to make it easier for veterans to get the loan.
- A veteran must have put in a minimum amount of service time and be eligible in order to have entitlement in the VA Home Loan Guarantee Program.
- The veteran can use the program as many times as they want as long as they only have one VA guaranteed loan at a time.
- The veteran must occupy or intend to occupy the home they are purchasing through the program.
- The veteran must comply with all rules and regulations set by the VA Home Loan Guarantee Program.